Get up to speed with DECU’s financial education and literacy lessons with our members-only online education program. It’s thorough, convenient and at your fingertips. Using our video tutorials you can: learn budgeting & financial tools; learn what financial institutions do and how to work with them; learn the different products financial institutions offer and how to manage your own account portfolio; learn how to access credit and borrowing; learn how to begin planning for your retirement and so much more.
With guided curriculum and convenient lengths, our online content courses help instruct and expand your financial education with accessible and informative convenience.
DECU offers all this and more to you online:
- Income and Employment – explore how employment decisions affect your earning potential and income over your lifetime while developing an understanding of taxes and deductions.
- Budgeting – develop a tactical strategy for managing your finances by reflecting on your budgeting personality and learning strategies to achieve your financial goals.
- Consumer Skills – learn the essential competencies for becoming an informed consumer by navigating the purchase process for everyday purchases, a car, and a house.
- Managing Credit and Debt – develop an understanding of what credit is, how your credit score is calculated and the impact of your score on the features and fees you should look out for when shopping around for a credit card.
- Financing Higher Education – plan financially for your future education by reflecting on your financial stressors while creating a blueprint for actions you can take each year in high school to better prepare you for your next steps.
- Insurance – explore the importance of risk management strategies that include personal and financial precautionary measures, emphasizing the role that different insurance products play in their broad plan for risk management.